Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spring Motorcycling

Despite being rather windy, today was a nice day to do a little riding on my motorcycle. I left work and headed up Provo canyon to see about getting my cornering skills back up to speed. I got a little past Sundance and then turned around because of the road construction. It's a little disconcerting cruising around blind corners not knowing if there will be gravel or construction debris in the road.

Memorial Day weekend will soon be upon us and that means one thing: Motorcycle Trip! I usually go with a co-worker or two from work but they're tied up with other obligations this year. My brother Kirk got himself a nice Harley springer softail last year so he'll be joining me on this years trip. It will be a 3 day trip through southern Utah and a little of Arizona. I believe we'll be heading down to Cedar City, up through Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park. Then up over Boulder Mountain, one of my favorite motorcycle roads. We'll wind through Capital Reef then take the ferry at Bullfrog across Glen Canyon. We'll finish off the 2nd day riding through Monument Valley. I think anyone that owns a motorcycle needs to ride through Monument Valley at least once, this will be my first visit. The 3rd day of riding will be a long one as we head over to 4 corners, then up through Blanding and north to Orem. I am really looking forward to hitting the open road, my head needs a little break.

No comments: