Sunday, July 13, 2008

1st Place at the Super D - Sundance

Yesterday I competed in my first athletic competition outside of church basketball. I raced the Super D mountain bike race at Sundance. If you're not familiar with the Super D race it's as if they thought up a race that Ryan would like and put it together. Yesterday's course was 90% downhill with about 10% climbing. The entire course took me 11:55 to complete so it was a good fast race without much climbing. Although there wasn't much climbing I did still have to pedal pretty hard to keep the speed going through most of the course. The best part of the race is that I took 1st place in the Sport 30-39 category. I should mention I was the only person in that category but Jen assures me that a 1st place is a 1st place. There were only 9 people total in the race and I came in mid pack among them. There will be another race on August 16th so hopefully there will be a lot more people there.

No comments: