Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finally, a warm day

The weather forcast said last Friday and Saturday would be sunny and warm, they were right. I had finished putting my new wheels together and got them on my bike on Thursday so I could take advantage of the weather and get out to ride on Saturday. When I headed out for work Friday morning I looked over to admire the new wheels on my bike only to discover that my back tire was flat...crap. So Friday I got the tube patched and was all ready for Saturday. I checked with the other locals on www.utahmountainbiking.com to find out a good trail that wouldn't be totally covered in snow. The concensus seemed to be a dirt service road above the Orem cemetary. They were right, it was a great ride. Certainly not as fun as some good singletrack but I'll take what I can get this time of year. I don't have a bike computer on my K2 so I don't know how many miles I went but I rode out for about an hour then decided to head back home. I did slip a couple of times but it was almost fun to land into the soft snow banks on the side of the road. The weather was almost too good, by the time I got half way back to the car there were a lot of muddy spots on the road that had been frozen. All in all it was a great ride. We're supposed to get some more snow this week so I'm hoping it will snow enough to cover those bare spots on the road so I can get out again next Saturday. It sure beats riding the trainer in the basement.

No comments: