Saturday, August 1, 2009

Spanish TV

I'd like to channel my inner Jerry Seinfeld for a moment and say, "What's the deal with Spanish TV?" It's really bizarre? Every once in a while if the program title seems interesting I'll turn on one of the Spanish channels. Tonight there was nothing on and I saw the program name "Don Cheto", I thought of it as Don Cheeto because it was funnier in my head than the Spanish pronunciation. I realized I've seen this Don Cheto on that channel 8 a number of times I wonder what it is. So I changed the channel and the first thing I see are two gigantic, 8 foot tall, roosters fighting in a makeshift ring. I realized that it was the cock fighting version of those Sumo suits you can wrestle in at parties. There were a bunch of people waving money around outside the ring. I'm not sure, if this was just an act to make the cock fighting more authentic looking or if they were actually betting on these to fellas in the rooster suits. There was of course about 4 women in short shorts and bustiers (is that how you spell it?) Doing a sort of cowboy dance around the stage. Picture them with the thumbs in their pockets doing a slight side to side jig. Though it wasn't featured on this particular show, you almost always have some sort of host or character that speaks excessively loudly in a sort of Mexican meets monster truck announcer type voice.

Just had to get that off my chest.

No comments: