Friday, November 30, 2007

Downhill vs Down hill

Since it's cold and raining and I can't ride my bike and haven't been able to all week I thought I'd write a bit about the awesomeness of downhill mountain biking. My downhill is a wussy downhill since I have neither the length of travel necessary on my bike, nor the lack of concern for bodily harm to do serious downhill. So for me downhill is just that down hill, perhaps I should separate the the two words from now on just to differentiate. With that said, I should redeem myself a little and state that I am no stranger to speed and quite enjoy it. I have a 5" full suspension K2 Lithium that I bought used from Sundance. I put on a new front fork and Avid Juicy 5 disc brakes and it is now a sweet bike. I love shooting down the trail, floating over the bumps and carrying speed through the turns, it's an awesome feeling. I used to be one for catching a lot of air but the full suspension is still throwing me off a bit so I need to get a little more used to it before I really let go. Anyway, I'm all about riding the lifts and dropping down the trail, letting gravity do the work.

No comments: